EVID Compact Sound
Compact full-range loudspeaker system
- High-performance EV-engineered 8” transducer with high-efficiency multi-mode audio crossover network.
- Compact, high-density wood enclosure with port for extended bass response, secure snapon speaker grille, and quick-mount slide-on bracket system.
- Easy-access signal connections with Phoenix-style connectors for quick wiring, user-friendly mode selector for stereo or mono operation, and easy-tap selector dial (supports 4/8 ohm inputs or up to 100 W / 70/100 V audio connections).
- Satellite Speakers:
- 2” wide-range mid/high-frequency driver designed for broad, even coverage.
- Multi-angle compact mounting bracket system allows for a variety of speaker angles.
- Rigid high-impact ABS enclosure for durability.
The EVID Compact Sound speaker series continues the EVID family’s focus on form and function, with stylish, architecture-friendly design, a best-in-class performance-to-size ratio, and user-friendly installation and operation. The system is designed to provide exceptional background/foreground audio performance in retail spaces, restaurants, and similar environments – all while being heard but hardly seen.
In addition to EV-engineered components for superior quality and reliability, the system features quick-access connections, simple wiring, and flexible mounting options (hardware provided), and is compatible with a variety of existing EV amplifier products, making it a great choice for contractors and end-users alike. Available in black or white finish.
|Frequency Range (-10 dB)||EVID 2.1: 180 Hz - 20 kHz; EVID 40S: 180 Hz - 20 kkHz|
|Connector Type||Phoenix (2-pin)|
|Enclosure Material||EVID 2.1: ABS (fire rated); EVID 40S: Wood (MDF);|
|Sensitivity 1 W/1 m||EVID 2.1: 84 dB; EVID 40S: 88dB|
|Available Color||Black or white|
|Height||EVID 2.1: 115mm; EVID 40S: 400mm|
|Width||EVID 2.1: 85mm; EVID 40S: 400mm|
|Depth||EVID 2.1: 95mm; EVID 40S: 230mm|
|Weight Net||EVID 2.1: 0.5kg; EVID 40S: 12.05kg|
|Shipping Weight||1 sub and 4 satellites: 18.26kg|
|Coverage, Voice||EVID 2.1: 150° x 150°; EVID 40S: Omnidirectional|
|Coverage, Music||EVID 2.1: 100° x 100°; EVID 40S: Omnidirectional|
|Transducer size||EVID 2.1: 50 mm (1.97 in); EVID 40S: 200|
|Bracket Adjustment Range||EVID 2.1: 160° x 60° ; EVID 40S: Fixed|
|Included Accessories||Wall bracket; hex wrench|
|Passive Power Handling||200W peak|
|Transformer Taps (Transformer Version Only)||EVID 2.1: NA; EVID 40S: 100 W, 50 W, 25|
|Impedance||EVID 2.1: 16Ω; EVID 40S: Dual 8Ω / mono 4Ω|
|Power Handling (Continuous / Peak)||EVID 2.1: 30 W; EVID 40S: 200W|
|Maximum SPL||EVID 2.1: 100 dB; EVID 40S: 114dB|
For optimal sound system performance, Electro-Voice recommends the following amplifiers for EVID Compact Sound.
|Learn More||Learn More||Learn More|
|OMNEO (Dante, OCA)|
Install Sound Partners
Electro-Voice together with our certified partners, are ready to help support you through planning, purchase, and setup. Services available through our network of highly-qualified associates and partners may include:
- System Design
- Programming & Commissioning